Nelson Properties, Inc., is a small, woman-owned company determined to provide building owners the confidence that their properties will be managed by top professionals who develop long-term relationships with them as well as with their tenants.
We are looking for a skilled, part-time property accountant to maintain our financial records for multiple commercial office entities.
· Working closely with property managers to create and analyze financial reports, monthly general ledger preparation, preparation of journal entries, rent reconciliations, and cash flow projections
· Overseeing accounts payable, receivable, and bank reconciliations performed by others · Completing year-end tax forms for all entities (1096’s, 1099’s, etc.) · Ensuring compliance with legal requirements for Federal, State, and property tax payments for each entity
· Acting as liaison between banks, owners, and property managers
· Working with insurance brokers to set up annual property insurance policies and payment schedules
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically hands-on experience creating and using Excel spreadsheets
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or minimum of three years’ experience accounting in commercial real estate
· Data entry skills, along with a knack for numbers
· Strong communication skills with a focus on customer service and negotiation abilities
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Ultimately, the property accountant’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of the business through month-end financial statement reporting.
Please send resume and salary requirement to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.